Converting Prospects to Customers
Wouldn’t it be great if there were some tried and true method to convert every prospect to a customer? Well it’s not quite that simple, but here are a few ideas that have worked for others and just might work for you.
Tips on Converting a Prospect to a Customer
1. Offer extra incentives, such as longer warranties or free bonuses if products or services are offered by a certain date.
2. Offer package or quantity deals. Set a deadline to encourage quick decisions thus creating a sense of urgency.
3. Offer financing options. Allow customers to pay in installments. This can work particularly well if they provide your credit card info and give you the approval to charge it monthly or quarterly until the invoice is paid in full. This helps overcome a price objection.
4. Offer a bonus if they pay in full. Rather than giving them a discount for full payment, give them additional products or services as a bonus.
5. Offer special packaging or delivery. Create bundled packages to group multiple services together. Can you schedule delivery to multiple client locations at no extra charge or for the month of May? Can you offer to celebrate a your business milestone for example… ten years in service by providing special anniversary packaging?
Once you have secured your customer, be sure to thank them for their business and reach out to them regularly to let them know how important they are to you. If you don’t find ways to make them feel special, your competition will!
About the author: Autumn Edmiston is the CEO and owner of the Edmiston Group ~ bringing corporate level marketing management services to businesses and non-profit organizations on a short or long term basis. The Edmiston Group consistently delivers and implements real-world, proven business marketing ideas and strategies.