Surpass 92% of the Population with Simple Planning

Position your business for success in 2014

What words will you use to describe your business growth in 2014?  Exceptional? Stagnant? Disappointing?

Most of us set New Year’s Resolutions to define where we want to be by the end of the year, but Forbes’ Dan Diamond shares that only 8% of those making New Year’s Resolutions achieve them. This is your opportunity to surpass the other 92%!

Your business goal in 2014 is to move from Point A (where you are today) to Point B (where you want to be). To succeed, you first need to clearly define Point B. Next, you need to implement bite-size, quantifiable steps as in the following illustration:

Identify Point A:
Your average monthly revenue in 2013 was $7,500.

Determine Point B:    
Your goal is to achieve an average monthly revenue of $9,000 in 2014.

Implement Manageable Steps:

  • Add one new client per month by expanding social media and referral resources.
  • Cross-sell a minimum of one new product or service per client per year.
  • Adjust pricing to increase monthly revenue by 3%.

Measure Success:    
Calendar monthly and quarterly checkups to regularly quantify your progress. Allow yourself the freedom to adjust your methodology as needed.

Use Your Resources:
Don’t get hung up on manageable obstacles! Work smarter by employing a variety of methods to achieve your goals.

For example, if expanding social media channels, implementing business development strategies or marketing new services is not your cup of tea, consider outsourcing for maximum effectiveness. The time you save and the results you achieve could make all the difference.

The experts at the Edmiston Group are equipped to help you achieve each of your business objectives in 2014. Call us today at 724-612-07655 or email Autumn at [email protected], and position your business among the select 8%!

About the author: Autumn Edmiston is the CEO and owner of the Edmiston Group.  The Edmiston Group is a multifaceted Pittsburgh based marketing consulting firm providing senior level marketing management services to businesses and non-profit organizations on a short or long term basis.  Core areas of service are business development, marketing, strategic planning and public relations. The Edmiston Group has consistently delivered and implemented real-world, proven business marketing ideas and strategies for business growth.

Comments are closed.