5 Tips for a More Effective Email Newsletter
Email newsletters can be used for various purposes and delivered in many different forms. They are a very powerful tool for communicating directly with your potential customers and customers in a personalized way while delivering valuable content straight to their inboxes.
An effective newsletter increases trust. Trust is necessary to generate conversions and conversations that lead to sales. Oftentimes, we over-complicate things and our messaging can be unclear. Keep in mind that an effective email newsletter campaign needs to be simple. Otherwise, you risk overwhelming your audience and then they start looking for the unsubscribe button.
Here are 5 tips to create a more effective email newsletter and increase engagement with your audience:
1. Incorporate your logo at the top of your newsletter or in another noticeable location. The recipients will know exactly who is sending the message and will start to readily recognize your business. This establishes trust with your readers and increases the credibility of your message.
2. Highlight colors that support your company branding. A company’s colors cultivate strong emotional connections with your customers and can help your readers recognize your company, product, and services.
3. Add Images that support your message. Images are a great way to grab a reader’s attention and help break up blocks of text within your newsletter.
4. Make sure your design looks great on mobile. Incorporate a one-column email design. It looks great on desktop, and won’t compress images on a mobile device. This is extremely important since more than half of emails are opened on mobile devices.
5. Don’t forget a call-to-action. A call-to-action serves as a map that directs your readers to take a certain action. By the time people finish reading your emails, they should know exactly what you want them to do next.
A newsletter can be a valuable and powerful tool. Incorporating these 5 tips will help you create a more effective newsletter while building trust with your readers. The more your audience trusts that you understand their needs, the happier they’ll be to do business with you.
Edmiston Group offers email marketing services to help you reach your target audience. If you would like to learn more, call me at (724)612-0755 to see how we can help.
About the author: Autumn Edmiston is the CEO and owner of the Edmiston Group. The Edmiston Group is a multifaceted Pittsburgh-based marketing consulting firm providing senior-level marketing management services to businesses and non-profit organizations on a short or long-term basis. Core areas of service are business development strategies, website creation and management, social media management, marketing, strategic planning, and public relations. The Edmiston Group has consistently delivered and implemented real-world, proven business marketing ideas and strategies for business.